Thursday, May 6, 2010

Losing power over night

-Come Wilma, it’s supper time! Would you like to eat, pumpkin?
-No, I want to draw and play and have a bath with Jo-Jo!
-Wilma, darling, we all have to eat to grow big and strong!
-I don’t want to eat
-Come on, honey, it’s getting late
-You’re stupid
-What did you call me?
-STUPID. Stupid, stupid, STUPID mommy
-That’s enough, Wilma, now come here and eat. What would you like?
-Dotted sausage sandwich
-There’s no sausage, Wilma honey. Cheese sandwich, or yoghurt?
-Dotted sausage on hard bread
-There is none
-But I want that! I want, I want, I want... Mommy, that’s what I want!
-How about a ham sandwich? That will be yummy...
-No
-Come on, Wilma, it’s almost time for bed
-No
-It’s ham sandwich or nothing!
Silence
-Here you go, honey, a nice ham sandwich with nice cucumber!
Arms-crossed-over-chest silence
-Wilma, little one, don’t you like cucumber?
Arms-over-chest-while frowning-silence
-I want to eat banana, mommy
Silence
-I want to eat banana, like you, mommy!
Big sigh-silence
-This is my banana, that is your ham sandwich
-But I want banaaaaanaaaa
-There is no banana. Now eat your sandwich
-I want bananaaaa

Abandoned-last-banana-on-the-dinner table-silence
Banana-swap-silence
Child-munching-banana-silence
Failed-discipline-silence

-It’s late, Wilma pumpkin. Shall we go to bed?
-No
-Come on, honey, tomorrow you have preschool again
-No! I don’t wanna to go to preschool
-Wilma sweetheart, you have to go to preschool
-No!
Tired-silence
-Wilma, mommy is tired. Let’s go to bed
-No!
Tired- on-the verge of desperation-silence
-Come on pumpkin, let’s go together!
-No! You’re stupid!
-What did you call me, Wilma?
-Stupid, STUPID mommy!
-That’s enough, Wilma. I’m going to bed, now you come with me or stay here all night!
-No!
-Well, I’m going. Bye, Wilma, good night!
Waiting-for-child-to-obey-silence
-No!
Mommy-losing-power-silence
-NO!

Hungry-child-alone-in-the dark silence
Child-eating-nice ham sandwich with nice cucumber-silence
Parents-snoring in the background-silence

Morning-silence
Mother-entering kitchen to make coffee-silence
Mother-finding a monster in her kitchen-silence
Teenage girl with a black leather jacket with the text DARKNESS sleeping on the kitchen table-silence

-Wilma?
Teenage girl poking out pierced tongue-silence
-Wilma, pumpkin, when did you become so big?

Mommy-pumpkin-when-did-you-become-so-stupid-silence

1 comment:

John R said...

Loved it Monique. Fast paced. Few unnecessary words. Did the trick very nicely for me. And I am sure I have met pumpkin somewhere!
Bravo!
John R